Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Housing Update:

On Sunday I was talking to my dad who promised me if I contacted some church members (Bishops) in the area we're planning on being in that we would find a housing solution by the middle of the week. He helped me find some email addresses and phone numbers on Sunday - also my new friend Rachel has been an enormous help.

I sent some emails and made some calls. Two emails were replied to and then a Bishop called me yesterday morning asking for more details. He said he'd look around and think about it.

Then last night I got a call from a man who has a room we can rent in their home until we get on our feet.

So, that's where we're at and it feels a hell of a lot better than where we were at on Sunday, I'll tell you that for nothing!

Thanks for all the help and emails and encouraging words. I appreciate them all.

We've learned a lot from this experience.

5 comments:

Chiemi said...

What a relief! I am so glad that you were able to find a place to stay until you find something more permanent.

Danielle said...

Yay! I'm glad you got things worked out!

Beth Adams said...

And things sound even better today. Possibly a little house? I wish we had all the money in the world. Then we could buy a little house down there and you could live in it.

Scott and Stacia said...

That is great news!! People in the church are so awesome. I hope everything else goes well too!!

Parker said...

I'm so happy to hear that the housing situation is working out. It's hard starting out. We were in the same boat when we went to grad school. Thank goodness for Daddy's with good advice and the church.
Wishing you all the luck in the world.
hugs,
Fritzi Marie