Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Get in ma Jelly Belly!

Tuesday's are the only day that Stuart gets home before 4pm so today he decided he would take me out of Hayward for the first time since being here. Yep. We've been here a month and I've left the town once - I've left our street about 6 times and half of those were for church. Mmm yep. Someone's been a little cooped up. SO, we went to The Jelly Belly Factory about an hour away from here. I was really excited about it. I don't think Stuart really gave two hoots and he actually likes Jelly Bellies more than I do.

Take a good look at my Jelly Belly. Tonight Stuart and I decided to have a little competition Biggest Loser style. Hopefully it'll last more than 3 days. I'm going to be embarrassed if it does only last 3 days now I've announced that.

I felt like we were going in to Willy Wonka's chocolate factory. It was SO exciting and bright and a little weird.

We perused the gift shop before the tour started and Stuart decided to get some Bellies which took so long to come out the machine that our tour went on without us. We caught up though.

They have Jelly Belly art throughout the factory. That's a picture of Princess Diana made from Jelly Bellies. I knoow!

Their cafe has Jelly Belly shaped food. Mad!

They have a competition right now for guessing the weight of the pumpkin. I don't know what we win, probably a life time supply of Jelly Bellies and the factory. Stuart guessed it weighed 350lbs. I guessed 284lbs and I have to say I have a gift of being able to measure objects weight and size by eye.

This is us after the tour and after our free samples of Jelly Bellies and after Stuart tried to get me to put my hand in the Jelly Belly dispenser to get the loose beans that missed his cup. I think not. Cheeky.

On the way home Jane-Jane (gps) was getting really tricksy and Stuart was getting REALLY annoyed with her. She took us on some wild goose chase and we ended up outside the freakin Hotel California! We never went in. From what I hear when you check out any time you like but you can never leave.

When Stuart was getting petrol I noticed my nails are the exact colour of his pomegranate Jelly Bellies. Cute.

They don't allow photography during the actual factory tour but I will tell you this: if you visit us, we're probably going to go there and you will LOVE IT!

This is one of the things I get to cross off of our California Bucket list. It feels good.

Also, yesterday we had some friends over to our house for the first time. I'm starting to feel more at home here and more like my old self.

It's a good week so far :)

5 comments:

Rachel Keyser said...

Here is a fun outing for you guys. :)
http://keyserfamily.blogspot.com/2008/10/family-outingjust-3-of-us.html

Chiemi said...

Soooo fun! If I am ever up that way again I am so going there!

Katz said...

i love the jelly belly factory. LOOOOOOVE.

Scott and Stacia said...

How fun! I love that the food was shaped like a Jelly Belly--that makes me smile.

Andrea said...

Cute! I ♥ the buttered popcorn kind. Random I know, but they are so darn tasty.