Sunday, November 22, 2009

Plumpy McPlumperson

Have I ever recommended a product on here before? I'm not sure. I don't think I've ever really reviewed a product either. This is a first.

For my birthday Stuart got me some make-up from Sephora. I love make-up! I love finding a new product that I just love. There's a few things that are a constant part of my make-up routine such as curling my eyelashes, Urban Decay eyeshadow primer, using a brush to apply foundation. Little things like that. Mostly face and eyes. I don't have any products that I can't live without when it comes to lips. Vaseline is good enough for me. I do sometimes use a clean, dry toothbrush to exfoliate my kisser... but my attention always goes to my eyes.




Anyway, Stuart got me a Too Faced make-up gift box that included a sample sized tube of Too Faced Lip Injection. I had been wanting to try a lip plumper for a while just for the fun of it. I slathered the thick pink concoction on my mouth. The gloss isn't too sticky and it goes on nice. I was admiring it in the mirror when all of a sudden it felt like I was being stung on the lips by a billion bees! Sweet mother! My eyes started watering and I was thinking "It can't feel worse than this! HOW MUCH WORSE CAN IT GET?!!" It got worse and worse and worse. I was about to panic when it stopped getting worse and just felt horrible. I looked in the mirror to see if I was bleeding. I don't know why I thought there would be blood - maybe because it felt like razorblades, I don't know. No blood. I think I was in shock.

I went into the living room and saw Stuart sitting and decided to give him a kiss and see what happened. I gave him a little kiss and he wanted another one. Bigger. Ok fine.

Within five seconds he was screaming "What have you dooone to MEEE!?"

The product is made with cinnamon oil which is a natural irritant. You put it on your lips and your skin freaks out so the blood hurries to see what's going on and tries to help out which in turn makes your lips puff up a bit and become darker.

If you get the gloss anywhere outside of your lips that area will turn red too. Learn from my experience.

Overall it was really painful - I also had chapped lips when I put it on - but it seemed to work too. It was weird and for some reason I'll do it again but not regularly, only when I really hate myself - maybe right after I wax my mustache.

11 comments:

Emily Anne said...

Hahahaha oh my goodness. I TRIED this stuff and it hurt so bad and I tried to wipe it off on my fingers and then they went red and puffy...it was a mess.

Although I admit I have also used it after the first experience.

Thanks for stopping by my blog!! Yours is lovely!! I'll definitely be reading more :) xoxo

Megan said...

That is so funny! Poison kisses!

Danielle said...

Hahaha brilliant! Sorry for your pain. It makes a good story though :)

Cecily said...

hahahaha! I laugh because I can totally see myself doing the same thing with the limp plumper. I used to use Burt's Bees Wax for chapstick, and then I'd kiss Ryan and he thought it was awful when his lips turned cold. What a surprise for your lips to start burning! Ow!

Chiemi said...

LOL!! For some reason I want to try it just to see how awful it is.

Mari said...

that's hilarious...I'e tried some of that before and it does hurt!!...my lips are not to small so I would def not do it an a regular basis but for poison kisses???

hmmm....hahaha

cute post!

Dan Flynn said...

Laura,

Thank you for visiting my little blog and I am pleased to visit yours. At the outset I wish to make it clear that I shall not be partaking of Too Faced Lip Injection having suffered a similar experience some years ago when I went to the loo after chopping chillies. I even washed my hands beforehand but it did not save me from a burning of biblical proportions. And though an athiest by belief for those moments I prayed to the Lord and everyone else for some respite. Being an ex catholic I even offered up my suffering to the holy souls in purgatory but they just laughed and said my pain was nothing compared to eternal flagellation. Which I suppose is true because at least the chillies wore off, whereas eternal flagellation, well, that never wears off.

I digress.

Anyway, hope your lips are better now and you've learned your lesson. Don't be putting stuff on your mouth that hasn't been tested first on the cat.

Siobhan said...

You should buy the Lash Injection too and take a pic! Pahahaha.

Elizabeth said...

"You put it on your lips and your skin freaks out so the blood hurries to see what's going on and tries to help out"...HAHA. Such a great description of the events!

Mari said...

oo and I tagged you in a post =)

Lindsay said...

eek, lovie... that sounds HIDEOUS. i will NEVER try one of those... EVER. i have a plumping lip gloss that i LOVE.. it's more just minty than anything... no stinging... just numbing and then your lips are plumped and glossy... it's from bare escentuals.