Sunday, January 10, 2010

Up came the sun...

Last week was mad but I think I have the hang of this online schooling malarkey. I hadn't realised that my lecture was as long as it is and so I tried to force myself to read 90 pages of psychology in 3 days in order to have time to study for the weekly test - which I now know is open book, and to be able to discover what to write my research paper on.

The plan for this week is to first read the lecture. Take notes and then start on the text book reading and take notes under the topics the lecture covers because that's what the quiz is going to be on. Easy.

No need to freak out. Also, this week we're covering sleep disorders and the such so maybe I'll learn what's wrong with me!

Last week the topic of left handedness came up and I became pretty intrigued. My oldest sister is left handed and I don't think I've ever heard her complain about how unfair this right handed world is so I had no idea that pencil sharpeners, tin openers and type writers were the bane of lefties existence. If you're left handed I want to hear all about it.

There's not too much going on here other than the Decclo tee designing. Stuart and I have been lazing about all weekend. The house looks like it's a party house which Stuart's pretty pleased about. I am feeling more at home here now instead of feeling happily plopped down to stay for 3 years. I like the area we're in and I'm excited to be making new friends. I'm trying to snag some online sales so Stuart can wear shorts to school - which wasn't allowed at BYU-I so I'm trying to stock up so he'll be comfy in this new climate. I should probably find some stuff for myself too.

I'm trying to get our house more organised. There isn't much in the way of storage space so I'm working on that and also adding more colour to the place. I was reminiscing about the good old Rexburg days last night which got me thinking about one of my best friends and how on top of everything she (seems) to be. I need my house to be more like hers especially since I don't have kids or anyone to blame (apart from Stuart) for the mess. I'm adding that to my goal for the year - add more colour to our house and get better organised.

Once I feel like the house is more presentable I'm going to throw a girls night with mocktails and stuff. I'm in serious need of that.

5 comments:

Chiemi said...

Oh I seriously love mocktail parties. SO fun!! Sounds like you are doing good in your new place and in school. I'm so happy for you!

Rachel said...

oh can i come?!

Here's to finding out what's wrong with you! Just kidding, no self-diagnosing when you're in those classes. It'll be the end of you haha.

CTR2002 said...

I love being left-handed! :)

Chloe said...

oh, i've always been really interesting in psycology. i'm thinking about taking it for my A Levels! that's so cool that you're studying it!

good luck with meeting new friends&organising your house! :)

Scott and Stacia said...

I am so glad you guys are liking California. I was born and raised here...well in San Diego County. Love the new shirt. How fun it must be to be creative :)