Tuesday, March 23, 2010

The lovers, the dreamers and me...

It's not unusual for me to share a memory with family members and for them to turn around and say, "Mmmm, no. That did not happen." And it's not that they are correcting my memory because I've embellished or whatnot. It's that it never actually happened. The "memories" usually have something quite exciting happen in them that should be a clue to me that they might not be real. My explanation for this is that I've dreamt it when I was young and just got confused. Which is fine.

Just like the time I (didn't) went to work with my dad. We were walking along the corridor to his workspace and on the right hand side there (wasn't) big windows looking into other's workspaces. The people working there (weren't) grown men with fairy wings.

I have one memory of collecting mermaid's purses at a place with my dad and Andrew (I think). It was a place I only remember being at once. It was a small harbour and the tide was out. A row of old white buildings lined the little road down the harbour.We collected mermaid's purses and the sky was dark. It was windy. The memory is hazy but it's an old one. I never shared it because it probably wasn't real.

On Sunday we went to this place...
It was like a dream coming true... except it wasn't a dream. It had been real all along.

4 comments:

Chiemi said...

What a beautiful place. These pictures are fantastic.

Bethany said...

I absolutely love this!

Lindsay said...

you're so crazy. don't you KNOW mermaid purses ARE real!?!? why would you ever question that memory! gosh you're good at taking pictures.

Manda said...

That was awesome. :D