Thursday, March 11, 2010

Snowdrops and daffodils...

I went to bed at about 11pm last night and was pretty proud that I'd stayed awake long enough to do that. I crawled in to the big bed and thought I might need to wind down a bit to sleep. Then I realised whilst looking for a plug socket that in America there tends to be atleast one plug socket on every wall, in every room including the bathroom. In Britain plugs holes are few and far between. I couldn't find one to plug the lamp in to because the only one I could find had the laptop charging... I went to bed and fell asleep pretty fast. I'm not surprised about that, I was using "wind down" as excuse to read more of the book I'm reading (The Help)...

Today I woke up at 6am. Seagulls did it. Then I heard my dad getting up for work and I just lay there... Dad left and I lay... Mum got up and I lay... then I got up. I'm also noticing a lack of clocks in the house. I grew up without an alarm clock. The only clock upstairs is in my mum and dad's room and there's a little one in the bathroom... downstairs where I am there's one on the telly but it's too small from here and I haven't changed the time on the computer so I can keep track of Stuart and my school stuff... so I can't tell you what time it is but I do know it's before noon because the school bell across the road hasn't gone yet.

Homework this week is KILLING me. There's about 4 times as much for my computing class than there normally is and it's haaaard! So after my mum left for work I went back to bed and started doing homework. Then I got up after Scott left and travelled down stairs with my stuff. Ate a bowl of stale Sugar Puffs - there's no garbage disposal so I couldn't throw it away. I ate them. And then I went to take some pictures of the garden because I'd rather be doing anything than all that homework...

I love my  mum's garden even though I know she hates how it's full of random things my dad's collected. I like it. There's lots of new little flowers poking up for Spring. Stuart hasn't seen Scotland at this time of year so I'm documenting it with extra love for him...



What do you want to see?
Do you have any Scotland questions you want me to answer whilst I'm here?

7 comments:

Cecily said...

I'd love to see pictures of the countryside! Even though I've never told you, I've ALWAYS thought it was the coolest thing that you were from Scotland.

I love the pictures of the beautiful flowers. :)

Lacey said...

I have a really silly Scotland question: Is there really such thing as a "Taking Out"? I saw it on Made of Honor and I wondered that, but was always too embarrassed to ask... but now that you're in Scotland... you know.

Linzi said...

I want to see pictures of your hometown and of the shops and stuff...plus the countryside :) I love your pictures and I loved the video a couple posts ago. It will almost be like I visited Scotland ;)

Stuart said...

I love the pictures babe. Usually I'm the one taking pictures of the plants.

Rachel said...

I'm so excited for your little documentary of your time there. I think we're all pretty curious about Laura's hometown :)

Chloe said...

Those pictures are incredible! You're a really good photographer. :)

I have a question about Scotland. :D
How many people speak Scottish? It's a weird question I know but here, I only know 7 or 8 people who can speak Welsh (4 of them are Welsh teachers) so I was wondering if it was different in Scotland?

Lindsay said...

i love your pictures... also.. i have a question... When can i come visit you?