Sunday, March 21, 2010

Weekend part 1

We just got home from spending the weekend on the west coast, where I'm originally from. We headed over on Friday morning for the funeral of my mum's best friends mother. We went to Irvine, which is where I was born and where my mum grew up.

It was really nice to see so many familiar faces - faces I haven't seen in 15 years. The faces were familiar to me but my face doesn't look 9 years old any more, though I am reassured it doesn't look 25 either.

After the funeral we headed to my little sister, Caitlin's grave. I think this was just the second time I'd been there - the first being at the burial.



My dad captured this picture which I think is funny.
Oh my, how dramatic. Funny eh? The thing about having a camera stuck to my face all the time is that I end up in positions like this. This picture is telling a completely different story than the simple one that was happening. I did have a few tears coming out my eyes but I wasn't wailing, nor did I strew myself across the grave like the picture makes me think I was about to... Thanks dad.

(Look at the coat I'm wearing, cute eh? Ask my mum how much it cost.)

After this we went to the street I spent the first 9 years of my life on and visited neighbours. When it comes to neighbourliness, the west coast is the place to be.

We left Irvine and headed up the coast to Largs to stay with my mum's little sister, Auntie Wilma - do people my age still call their aunts and uncles "aunt" and "uncle"? I feel like it's only right to do so but have noticed certain siblings and a husband who call their aunts and uncles just by their first names now...

Beki and I spent many (or maybe just a few) Easter's in Largs. I think this time was the first time I'd been without Beki which meant it was the first time I've been experienced there without the entertaining shadow of Beki looming over me. It made me aware of how quiet I am even... I love it there though. I'm always comfortable and happy there. We spent the night there then headed up to Aunt Wilma and Uncle Ronnie's "second home" at Craig Tara.



We walked about and I think mum and dad are planning on selling the house and moving there, they loved it so much. It's right by the beach...


Has a little amusement park - complete with crazy golf...

What more could you want? How about a roller rink, swimming pool, shops and bowling? It's all there too and more.

That's just the start of the weekend. We got home tonight and I'm completely knackered. I just wanted to get something up to show Stuart I'm still alive. I've got lots of pictures and lots of video to edit tomorrow.

(I thought my Flip died yesterday and was really upset and grrrr about it. I gave it to my dad hoping he'd work some sort of magic. Sure enough, he did... he changed the batteries. Mmmhmm...)

Time for me to sleep. I start the final week of my second block tomorrow. Weeeeee!

6 comments:

Andrea said...

Love the pictures. That coat is too cute!

Stuart said...

Just as an FYI I think I have pretty much been calling my aunt and uncles by there first names since I can remember. Thanks for the post. Oddly enough I was a little worried. I so wish I was there to play crazy golf with you...

Siobhan said...

Looks like you're cramming in a ton of stuff. I bet you're exhausted by the time your head hits the pillow. So how much DID that coat cost? Loads? Or was it cheap?

Chloe said...

I love the pictures!

Especially the one of the caravan (strangely). I have so many memories of staying in one identical to that when I was younger. :)

Lindsay said...

you're gonna give me that coat when you come back (jedi mind tricking you)

Shannon said...

That coat is beautiful. How much was it? And where did it come from?