Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Why this week can be awesome...

Yesterday I wrote a very insightful and depressing blog post and couldn't bring myself to publish it. I think I was inspired not to seeing as when I go into details here I don't really spare any.

I've been inspired by 
Awesome II Electric Boogaloo! an event on facebook (click the link) run by a fellow LDSlinkster from back in the day.

He says:
"
Well it's back and it's more awesome than ever!

Join me in finding the awesome in everything you do, everywhere you go, everyone you're with, and in everything that happens. It'll be awesome"

This week was looking like it would suck to the extreme BUT it doesn't have to, I suppose. The awesome thing is that I have a week left of being with Stuart before going away and every day has the potential for awesomeness.

Sunday was awesome because, well it didn't start so good but it ended awesome because we both went to bed and I could sense Stuart was just laying there, like me, eyes open and tired but with sleep being repelled by a million thoughts - the impending doom of my departure etc... So I said, "Hey! Let's go play 20 minutes of Mario Bros on the Wii." and away we went. Played. Came back to bed. Slept. We also had a pretty great lesson of communication which sucked at the time but turned awesome. I'm seeing a pattern here...

Yesterday was awesome because we had really tasty sour dough garlic cheese bread with dinner and because we got a big bit of
our jigsaw puzzle done.

Friday is our 6 year anniversary
Tuesday I fly away 

Wednesday I get to see my family

There's lots of good things to look forward to. Of course, the other side of the coin doesn't make me so happy but still... forward I'm looking! I really don't know how wives can choose to be gone from their other halves. We've spent around 4 weeks total apart since we've been married. The first time being a week just a couple of weeks after we were married and my passport didn't come through on time.



In other news Round 2 of Decclo voting started on Monday. Go vote for the one you'd wear/your fave, it takes half a second! Please please please pass the link on either through your facebook status/blog/twitter etc. To make this work we NEED your help. Things are about to get pretty amazing for Decclo and the more people involved the better. If you know anyone looking to make some money pass the link on to them. We need people to keep submitting designs to keep this going. Winning designs (1 in 3 right now) get a nice chunk of money and their design worn by people all over the place. 

3 comments:

Chiemi said...

Love this! I think I should try finding the good in my week which has been so stressful.

Andrea said...

I need to do this too. I keep thinking how sucky me week is because I have too much to do. I'm going to try and find the awesome in everything too. :)

Scott and Stacia said...

I hope things go great for you guys this week! Enjoy eachother! Even though emotions are close to the surface, you guys will make it though. Best of luck to you both, it isn't easy being away! Thanks for the quote...I have been trying to find all the good in each day, hopefully I will get better :)