Thursday, April 22, 2010

Oh, this is my friend I haven't seen in 15 years...

How old AM I!? I remember hearing my parents talk about 10, 20, 25 years ago and I would think, "wow! They're ooooold!" And now here I am and I'm oooooold! As I got off the train I half expected Liam to still be 9 years old, even though I continued on to become 25. I just figure time stops for everyone when I'm not around but, it actually doesn't all revolve around me. Or so I'm told.

I got off the train and commented to Liam that he's taller than the last time I saw him. He said I am too. I don't remember getting taller so I'll take his word for it.

We talked about this and that and old names from Primary School and walked about.

The barometer was lying!

We found ourselves in the Art Museum right on time for a lunchtime concert. It was some fancy singing in German. I like listening to things in other languages and looking at things I don't understand because I like imagining what might be happening. I was beyond myself at the lunchtime concert today and tried to contain myself. So much to imagine!

Then we wandered a bit more and chatted whilst dodging raindrops and had a pub lunch. Liam tried to look at the city like he was me - which almost involved him toppling over.

(One of two of the weirdest pictures I've ever seen of myself coming right up...)


Then we went and watched some Arrested Development... why does it sound like the day only lasted 10 minutes when it's typed out like this?

It was a grand day. Hopefully I'm not the only one who enjoyed it. I don't really have any connections from that part of my life and so it was really nice and I suppose more important to me than I realised, in a way. That's probably another topic for another post though.


Liam,
 Thanks for being a good friend and for remembering me from years ago. Thanks too for not being a jerk in primary school. I think you're the bees knees and enjoyed our day of fun very much. Come to California so you can meet Stuart and we'll all watch Arrested Development and go to the beach for an ice cream - and it won't rain, probably.

Love,
 Laura



Stuart,
 Don't be jealous I spent the day with another boy. You're still my fave.

Love,
 Your Fave xx

PS. You can be a little jealous but I'll be home soon :)

3 comments:

trina said...

aw! that's the cutest! you're sweet, L!

Lindsay said...

that really is hilariously weird. love that about you. :)

Chiemi said...

What a fun time! I love your last little note to Stuart. Very cute. :)