Monday, April 12, 2010

Photoz, Booze and Shooz...

On Thursday my mum, Jenna and me had a girls night. I had planned on having a lot more of these but time's totally flown by. This week and next I'm hoping for more since I just bought a bunch of DVDs from amazon for pretty cheap. Anyway, we watched North & South on Thursday. I do love Mr. Thornton... more than I Mr. Darcy I dare say...

On Friday I did a photo shoot with Jenna. (I can't get enough of her.)
We went down to Usan Mains for our shoot. I had never thought of going there for that but my dad suggested it and it was a stroke of genius. Thanks dad.

On Saturday we went to see the new Nanny McPhee film. It wasn't as good as the first one, sadly. I hadn't seen the first one until last week because I thought it was just a kids film but I actually really liked it. There's still something wonderful about going to the cinema even if the film isn't the best. It's such a treat.

After the film we went to Vicky's for dinner - oh, before we went to the cinema we went to Vicky's to drop off pudding and a HUGE bunch of flowers for her. My mum went in ahead of me with the dessert and took it through to the kitchen and I followed. Vicky set the dessert down and turned round and saw the bunch of flowers then went on to scare the life out of me. "OOooh OOOOOH!" she was shaking. I honestly thought she was going to collapse. "OOOOH!! They're OOOOoooh!" Whoa, Vicky, just whoa! She loved them. :)


When Vicky was serving dinner we all took the opportunity to take a whiff of her wine - being Mormon we've never experienced such an event. I think it's safe to say I wouldn't be a wineo. I didn't love it. My mum on the other hand... she may have actually got drunk from just smelling it. We practically had to pry the glass from her hands and then she went on to smell the majority of Vicky's booze collection in the kitchen.


We had spaghetti bolognese and it was scrumptious! I was so stuffed I couldn't fit in any dessert. After dinner Vicky showed us her new Steve Madden shoes she got from ebay for 10 quid. (I love this picture. I can practically hear her loud laugh when I look at it. Haha!)

Mum got in on the shoe action too... She poses when she wants to but when she's done, she's done. I won't show you the picture that proves it.
It was a good weekend :) This week both my mum and dad are off work for the Easter holiday and today is gloriously sunny - I should have packed shorts? I think we're heading out for an adventure soon.

Thanks everyone for your comments on my last post. I try to be open about things like that because I know there's more than me who has gone through it and if I can help someone along my way by making them feel like it's ok to not be ok (my new motto? haha!) then it makes it seem more worth it.

Just a couple more weeks and I'll be back in my lovers arms. I have to make the most of these weeks to though...

4 comments:

Chiemi said...

So I was looking at all the pictures you posted on Facebook. Loved them! I love that picture of Vicki. She reminds me of one of Dustin's Aunts. She has a permanent smile. Your Mom's shoes are SO cute!

emma said...

Mum really knows how to move those shoes! She has some great pins too- she should have shown them off!

Laura said...

Actually mum looked like she was walking on stilts. Pretty hilarious.

Chloe said...

Those shoes are gorgeous! (Both your friends and your Mum's!)

It sounds like a really fun time... And yeah, the cinema is always a treat! I loooooove going!