Monday, April 19, 2010

Volcanoes: My nemesis

If you haven't heard about the Icelandic rascal, Eyjafjallajokull (I had to copy and paste that) then you must not have a tv or internet.

Flights across northern Europe have been grounded since Thursday. Flights can leave or come in. Thousands of folk are stranded all over the planet since last week was the last week of Easter holidays.





Here's the thing, I'm meant to be flying home to Stuart a week tomorrow. The volcano sent up a new plume of ash yesterday and they don't know when it'll stop. It could be months. The Eyjafjallajokull expert is actually stranded in Paris. Good one, eh?

Understandably people are very upset, they're stuck in foreign places with no money and only the airport to sleep in. A lot of people are angry that all airports are closed because surely they don't all have to be.

I'm a bit worried that the government will open airports because of pressure from the people and because it's hurting our economy more.

I do want to go home to Stuart but I don't want to risk getting on a plane that might not make it! At least the way things are right now I'll get home eventually. I hope they make the right decision. 



Staying put is what I'd rather do even if it takes weeks. What a mess.


Eh. That's what's on my mind right now.

5 comments:

trina said...

such an annoying bummer! crazy too, right? well a little more time with your family can't hurt. more fun videos for us! :)

Brooke said...

Yeah my parents are stuck in Paris. Poor them I know. They were supposed to fly home today but will supposedly be flying out on Friday. Sorry you've been smothered in volcanic ash!

Hilary said...

That is a big mess! I have a friend stuck in England that's supposed to be going to Chicago as well as our neighbor's son who was supposed to come home from his mission last Thursday(!) I hope that the smoke clears in a week so you can make it back!

Chloe said...

It's crazy! I swear I can see the Ash... no one believes me though! Lol :)

There's only one good thing.
How gorgeous does the sky look without planes going across it?

Chiemi said...

What?! I didn't know anything about this. Shows how much I watch tv. I'm with you. Better to be safe than go just because the government feels pressure.