Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Family.

There are lots of wonderful people in the world. I think of people like Stephanie (previous post) who touch so many lives and how it's a choice for them to do that. The world would truly be missing something if she chose not to share her life with us. The role of families obviously plays into that. She was raised to be the woman she is today. I was raised to be who I am. I'm trying my best to be my best.

I was thinking about how family situations differ. Sometimes it seems like we're just sailing along and everything is dandy but then we hit rocks. The rough patch seems to last a lot longer than the smooth sailing when in reality it lasts a tiny fraction of the smooth sailing. The people standing next to us at those times are wonderful people. People to be held on to forever.

I come from a strong family. Things aren't ideal in the slightest. It's pretty miserable actually but each family member is strong, makes strong choices, sticks to their guns. We were taught that.

That's why these little videos are so important to me. It's where I come from.


Fishing for... ? from Laura A on Vimeo.

I love the ones I took on the Sunday before I left. They make me giddy.

No comments: