Saturday, June 5, 2010

In the summer time when the weather is hot...

Today has been tooooasty! I told Stuart that there are two things we really need and we have to at least get one of them this weekend because both can help the heat of our house:
1. a fan
2. a bbq

Today we bought a little bbq and I have to say it makes me feel more like an adult to think that we're trusted with a bbq... us!? Like owning a bbq for us is a sign that we're closer to settling down because we have a place to keep it where can use it.

Along with that excitement I was talking with my "foster brother" (long story) today about summer as I was planning our roadtrip up to Oregon. I was showing him pictures and videos when I got really extremely excited. I love Oregon. I LOVE Oregon. I want to share it with everyone I love it that much. We were married in 2004 but it wasn't until 2007 that I first had the pleasure of spending time at Stuart's grandparents house in Oregon and since then we've visited once a year. The feeling of contentment I have when I'm sitting out on the back porch looking over the garden is unmatched, except maybe when I'm by the sea. It feels like home.
I'm excited for our trip and for the funny little places we'll stop along the way. I love travelling with Stuart.


Giveaway winner:
I had Stuart pick a number between 1 and 9 to determine who the winner of the beef and broccoli dinner was and he picked 4. Which means the 4th commenter Kamilli Vanilli is the winnnnner. Congratulations, may this beef and broccoli frozen entree bless and feed you and your growing family forever.

4 comments:

trina said...

ahh, that porch does look nice. it's just ASKING to be sat on. :)
B fixed our grill yesterday, and as soon as we are out of church (at 6!!!!) we are totally grilling up some chicken! excited.

Andrea said...

You know you're movin up in the world once you get a BBQ ;)
It's been so miserably hot here too.

Chiemi said...

I need to buy a bbq. It's really hard to cook in the house during the summer. I hate heating everything up.

Kamilli Vanilli said...

Yessssssss! I am so excited for my beef and broccoli. Yum yum! Thank you! Is it bad if I just keep it all for myself and don't share it with my family?

I remember feeling the same way when we got our first BBQ! Being able to actually start a small, gas-propelled fire in your backyard is a major rite of passage.

Have fun in Oregon. I love it too. So beauty-full.