Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Memorial Day: My Papa

My dad told me some of my Papa Stronach's war stories when I was home. I thought it fitting to share some with Memorial Day being yesterday.

War Stories from Laura A on Vimeo.

I looked up The Liberation of Tilburg and found this video which was really touching, especially the footage at the beginning - my papa could have been there. The video shows you the statue my dad speaks about and some pipers. Take a look:

PipeBand.TV - Afl. 6 (Bevrijding van Tilburg/Liberation of Tilburg 1944-2009) from PipeBand.tv / PipeBand.nl on Vimeo.

I'm grateful for all the sacrifices made to keep us all safe.

God bless.

2 comments:

Beth Adams said...

I love listening to your Dad and his stories. I am grateful for his father's example and all the great men like him. It made me think of my grandfather and how he was in the war, and that left his family. Although he was more than 18 years old, all the hardships he must have faced as he watched men he knew be killed as well as facing all the other hardships of war. Beautiful tribute Laura. Thanks for sharing.

HunDuddle Hussy said...

ooh rah