Thursday, July 1, 2010

Lost Boys (and girl)

Seeing Lost Boys in Santa Cruz on the beach was on the summer list right from the start and I thought it was on a Friday BUT it wasn't! It was on a Wednesday. Yesterday. This discovery was made yesterday at 11am. Corey Feldman's band was playing at 6pm and then the film started at 9. We took our time leaving, stopped at Taco Bell for a quick cheap dinner then went to find parking. We got to the beach and got a good spot. Right up until 10 minutes before the film it was a good spot. Two lovers came in with big chairs and plopped themselves down right in front of us. I could see if I looked right between them. Part way through the film the scooted closer together. When they smooched their heads took up the whole screen. I was irked. Stuart could see if he sat at the other end of our blanket. Romantic.



There were hundreds and hundreds of people there and I have to admit it felt pretty surreal sitting there watching Lost Boys as scenes of where we were sitting played on the screen in the film. It was weird.

I like what Stuart captured in this shot...

Corey Feldman is on the stage to the right of the screen. I'm glad he enjoys his music... 
It was heaven when the sun was up but when the sun went down...
We got some garlic fries to keep the vampires away. Who knew they kept lovers aways too?

Oh Santa Cruz, you're not that far and I really love you. I'm hoping these pictures will have enticed family to visit. I'm also trying to convince Stuart that we should live there. I'm already marketing his Surfer's Chiropractic office in my head... I'm not even kidding and if you steal my idea I'll get Keifer Sutherland on you.

6 comments:

Andrea said...

How awesome! ♥ The Lost Boys!

j.peri said...

this is the cutest!
i love it. :)
and the photography.
it's beautiful
love from:
j.peri

Chiemi said...

Boo to those two lovey people that messed up your perfect spot! You look so adorable in that last picture!

The Toland's said...

your photography is Rockin my WORLD!

Chloe said...

Wow, these pictures are breathtaking! Sounds like a lot of fun. :)

Lindsay said...

i wanna live there with you too!!! *sigh*... it would be splendid... ps. you are so cute, lovie... really you are.