Saturday, August 7, 2010

Capitola

Being in serious need of a day out we headed down to Capitola to fill our bellies full of salty air and to explore some more of the coast. We should have left at 10am but someone thought leaving at noon would be better. Someone was wrong and someone else was right. The drive down was extremely stressful for the someone who was wrong. Once we got to Capitola though we were in heaven.
It's a safe bet that we're going to be going back there again - probably midweek, less traffic. We both really enjoyed strolling around and looking in all the little shops. There's a lot of surf shops there - including the original O'neill surf shop in Santa Cruz. I was going to pick up a wetty (30% off) for my dad from the big Billabong shop in an attempt to lure/bribe him here to visit me.

For such a quick visit we had really enjoyed it. I can imagine myself living there but I don't know that Stuart would go for it.

We picked up a few postcards and consequently I inspired myself. My perfect career would involve travelling, photography and graphic design. I'm going to try my hand at being a postcard designer! Perfect.


7 comments:

Trina said...

oh wow, that's the cutest place i have ever seen!

The Toland's said...

ohhh what a sweet trip. The colors are spectacular!! and I'm *sqeeeeeeeeeeling* like a kid in a candy store over your sandals... Where OH Where did you get those???

Lindsay said...

SERIOUSLY great idea lovie.. you're gonna ROCK the postcard world!

Carlita said...

i love postcards! we're designing a few right now for baby shower invites. so i think that is a good idea to add to your repertoire of talents. and these photos are so pretty :)

adam.and.e said...

that place looks awesome! i wanna go!!

ps- i can't believe your from scotland!! lucky duck! i loved it there. we'll def be traveling back!

Chloe said...

Those pictures are stunning! And that weather! I'm definitely jealous. Wales seems to be under a permanent cloud at the moment.. It's even raining as I type this (at 10am on an August morning) so unfair!

Glad you had a good time. And that skirt suits you lots!

emma said...

Me likes the new background on your blog!