Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Happy New YOU!

It's not my birthday yet BUT I've just been thinking about Year 25 and the goals I set for myself to aid my quest in self-definition. I dedicated year 25 to becoming who I want to be and who I thought I'd be at this age. To do that I've started school and I'm getting a degree and feeling quite clever along the way. I wear skirts almost every day, becoming more feminine whilst I'm at it. I'm thinking about my future and growing up. I'm cultivating my talents and putting them to good use through a few different avenues. I'm out of bed by 7am every morning, which is really a bigger deal than you think. And a few other things too.

The year has gone really fast and I don't know if it's because I'm 25 and time speeds up all of a sudden or if it's because I'm actually doing stuff with my time? I'm seeing positive changes in my life thanks to all my attainable goals. I'm enjoying getting to know myself.

Every birthday I'm going to dedicate the following year to new self-defining goals and I encourage you to also. New Years resolutions are one thing but your own personal New Year starts at your birthday. I love that.

3 comments:

Greg and Michelle said...

i loved this post! My birthday is next week, and I think I will set some goals for myself just because I read this. Honestly, you are so inspiring to me!

Chloe said...

I LOVE this post. My birthday is in a couple of weeks and I am definitely going to do this. :)

Rachel said...

It's nice that you're discovering the awesome you that we already knew!!! And 7am. That is admirable my friend! I am ALWAYS more productive the earlier I wake up, no matter what time I went to bed.