Thursday, August 5, 2010

Update: Year 25

I made some goals for my 25th year to help me become who I want to be. It's not over until November BUT hello, it's August!!? Whaaa?

One of my goals was to become less "grungy" or laidback in my appearance. I am a tshirt and jeans kind of girl, always have been but I'd never tried to be anything else. I'd never worn a skirt on a day that didn't begin with "Sun". The concept was foreign to me really. I wanted to try it out.

Wearing a skirt on days that don't begin with "Sun" means taking better care of yourself ie. shaving your legs more that twice a month. Taking better care of myself was another goal so that was a two-fer. The only skirts I owned at the start of Year 25 were Sunday skirts, not really suitable for dressing down although I have the ability to make anything look casual, even when I don't want to. I got my first casual skirt from Downeast Basics on sale and I loved it. Still do but it's getting a bit worn and the thread from the tiers snapped so there's holes in it I need to sew up.
I added two Old Navy linen skirts to the collection and then two maxi dresses from Target and a summer dress. I've hardly worn anything but skirts all summer and I like it!

That alone has made Year 25 quite the success.

6 comments:

Chiemi said...

I love that skirt! It so cute! I think skirts and dresses during the summer is a must. :)

Jeff and Bethany Davis said...

Yay skirts! I love them and dresses, especially during summer.

Kim said...

When my family is traveling on Sunday, I love wearing a skirt. They keep you cool so much better than pants.

Manda said...

Definitely something I'd like to do. :)

Lindsay said...

aren't skirts FABULOUS! i love 'em. they make you feel less self conscious about belly fat too. i LOVE that about 'em.

Chloe said...

i LOVE skirts! I love how they can make you feel so girly and pretty.. They're a definite pick-me-up for your mood.

I live in skirts and shorts as well. I can't stand wearing trousers, I only wear them when I can't be bothered to make an effort. Skirts and shorts all the way! :)

Yay for making your 25th year a success as well ;D