Tuesday, September 21, 2010

So silly.

Do you want to hear something ridiculous? It's a bit of a confession really.

When I read certain blogs I feel lost and little, um... unsuccessful? Insecure? It makes me wonder why I'm not in a position to travel, to buy lovely clothes and house decor, to have super cute babies or a puppy. It's weird I feel like that because counting my blessings I have everything I need and more and I'm actually very successful. The fruits of my labours isn't the number of blog followers I have or number of things I own from expensive shops - those might be yours and that's absolutely fine. I have dreams that have come and are coming true, those other things aren't my dreams. The number of my blessings is the number of times in a day Stuart tells me he loves me multiplied by the number of odd socks in our laundry basket... plus a bajillion.

Year 25 is coming to a close and I'm getting my Year 26 goals in order. Realising my potential and my success is going to be one of them.

That is all. Y26 is only going to be onward and upward from where Y25 ends.

7 comments:

Bethany said...

Me too. Sometime I come away from a blog feeling very little. But then the next week that person posts about a trial they're having or a weakness and I realize we're all in the same boat.

E.g., I wish I could be as creative and awesome at designing as you are, but that's just not going to happen. :) Oh well!

Can't wait to see what fun goals you have in store for year 26!

Fritzi Marie said...

Sister-Friend,
I feel the very same way more often than I like to admit and I just turned 35. YOU are amazing!!!
Let's cheer one another on.

hugs,
Fritzi Marie

p.s. It makes me feel better to know that I am not the only one who feels like this. thank you for your honesty.

Carlita said...

i totally think this is the dark side of blogging.

and i totally feel this sometimes too.

but alas, it's all perspective and keeping ourselves (and our wonderful lives!) in check.

and i'm approaching Y25. here we go!

Megan Marie said...

amen.

Rachel said...

Glad I'm not the only one.

Mark and Hilary said...

and how do 'they' find time to prime & paint a giant dresser, sew curtains, make a puppet & a 4 course meal all in one day? Something must be suffering.
Blogging & facebook have made us all so much more aware of everyone & everything they're doing. I find it very easy to be jealous & feel unsuccessful when I compare myself to others, but then I remember that I'm trying to do what's best for me & my family & that's enough.
I think I just took over this post with my comment. My intention was to say "Yeah, me too"
I think you're great & I loved the summer video!

Jon and Sarah Jackson Family said...

I adore you.