Sunday, December 5, 2010

2011: Goals.

My goals for 2011 and Y26 are more business focused than my goals for "self actualisation" last year. I've been reading Craft inc: How to turn your Creative Hobby into a Business and getting my head wrapped around really setting up my own business venture and developing my own trademark pieces of graphics art. I have concepts, I have the skills, and I almost have the confidence and time.

My plan is to start small, continue with etsy or big cartel and continue to make some money here and there mostly pay off my student loans. Once I graduate in June I'll focus on building my inventory and concepts so by the time we leave California in 2012 I can start registering my business, trademark etc. We'll also hopefully be moving into a more permanent home where I'll have my own creative space.

The main thing I'm looking to work out for now is how to print my artwork - do I invest in the paper and printing apparatus and do it myself or do I order prints from elsewhere... I like the idea of being in control of every aspect of the business whilst I'm able to. I'd like to screenprint/letterpress/blockprint but don't have the space right now.

Oh the future is so exciting!!

Have you ever thought about starting your own business? What would you sell? Have you tried/done it?

4 comments:

Chiemi said...

That sounds so exciting for you! I think about starting my own business all the time. I love making and creating children's clothing. I really would love to start a blessing gown store, but I'm not sure that I could actually do it. Someday... :)

Sherpa said...

I am so, so excited for you. Very awesome!

Lindsay said...

i heart your business already. :)

Chrissy said...

I am excited to see what 2011 brings for you...I am going to posting my 2011 goals this week too!