Friday, July 8, 2011

Pregnancy dreams: Haiti

I can't even pretend that I know where this one came from. It's so crazy that I feel like I'm not going to be able to describe it without drawing a picture!

I'm walking through a lush green forest with a guide who's telling me that Haiti is not what everyone says it is. The government is trying to make it sound worse than it is so nobody will visit and find out the secret. I'm fascinated and confused. He says I have to promise not to tell anyone what I see and that it's going to be hard for me to understand that the Haitians are extremely technologically advanced but he'll try to explain it to me as I see it all.

We emerge from the forest and I'm faced with something I could never have imagined.

In front of me is a vast wasteland. The ground is cracked and dusty. The sun is bright and really big. It sounds like a busy marketplace. The sounds of hustle and bustle aren't on the ground though. For as far as I can see the sky is filled with layers upon layers of junk yard metal (think huge Vegas signs etc.) welded together in little patched big enough for a little hut to live in and/or sell things from. The layers are chained to the ground and floating in the air. There's a clockwork feel about what I'm looking at.

There's ladders and flying plates to get from layer to layer...

But don't tell. It's Haiti's secret.

4 comments:

Manda said...

You are probably one of the best storytellers I know. I love reading these. :)

Megan Marie said...

weird. but so cool.

Chiemi said...

Wow. Sounds a bit post apocalyptic. I'm with Amanda, you are a great story teller.

Rachel said...

I once had a crazy preggo dream about a delivering a 12 pound baby that came out as a cartoon. It was weird.