Saturday, August 6, 2011

Baby: 18 weeks

I had my 4 month prenatal checkup with our midwife today. It was all good news: no keytones in my wee, blood sugars at 100, I finally put on my first pound, blood pressure is 120/164 AKA "amazing" says Stu... We heard the thump-thump and it's nice and strong. It was a good visit! We're getting ready for the ultrasound and to find out the gender, hopefully in the next week or so.



Yesterday we went to Ikea - the furthest from home I've been in a LONG time, and I survived. We managed to get what we needed and not much else. I don't think we've ever spent as little as we did at Ikea. We (Stuart) started cleaning out the room for the baby and built the storage unit we picked up. I'm loving feeling things come together - the belly growing, the bedroom transforming...




4 comments:

Rachel said...

I love your little tum tum. So glad you were able to get out for a bit!!!

Isabelle Thornton said...

Isn't it crazy! I got tricked because my last pregnancy i was not sick...I know i am not myself, i understand about the "fetus" thing you said...Also...I was wondering the same thing...Why do woman have babies?...Hahaha Crazy!
XOXO

Lauren said...

Love that belly! Love it's mommy more though! Think about you ALL. THE. TIME! Can't wait to find out what little baby Adam's is!

Jon and Sarah Jackson Family said...

Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!