Friday, September 30, 2011

Week 27: weigh in.

I won't lie. I've been worried about my weight gain during this pregnancy and that I'd fall into the whole "eating for two" mindset which is dangerous since it's recommended you only eat 300 more calories a day during pregnancy and as Stuart explained (he explains a lot) that's only like eating an extra Snickers bar, not a full on meal. I do feel like I'm putting on a lot of weight (and eating all the time); I'm always scared to weigh in.

My starting weight was 204 lbs (14.5 stone). My lowest weight, thanks to morning sickness was 194 lbs (13 stone) and since then I've gained 7.1 lbs. So I'm still under my starting weight and the baby is still good and healthy, and enjoying the food storage I already have on my bones - and also the numerous egg salad sandwiches I each every week.

27 weeks pregnant and a weight gain of 7 lbs. Not bad! Let's hope I can keep things in check during my last trimester - which started today! 13 weeks left!

6 comments:

Megan Marie said...

hooray! so excited! can't wait for the flood of marvelous photos.

Andrea said...

That's awesome. My sister is as far along as you and has gained like 4 or 5 times that much, no joke lol.

Siobhan said...

You are doing amazing! Well done. So excited for you. 13 weeks'll fly in!!

carla thorup said...

Oh oh oh! It's going to be awesome. And way to go in the weight department. Post partum can be... Rough sometimes. Oh well! Babies are the best.

Scott and Stacia said...

Wow! Third Trimester already?!?! You will most likely be gaining more weight this trimester..just know it is completely normal. Enjoy the sleep you can get before baby comes. Can't wait to see pictures of your little one!

LeaAnne said...

You are doing great! :) I had an odd "can't keep weight on" during my pregnancies. I lost at least 50lbs with each of our 3. lol I guess it was a good thing that I have always been overweight. BUT, the moment I am not pregnant I gain the weight back:( I am so proud of you and how wonderfully you are doing! :)