Thursday, October 6, 2011

An afternoon stroll.

On Sunday I freaked out. I freaked out good. I went to the babies room and I started writing down what we have for her and in what sizes, I also took a huge mental note that the corner for her crib is still not filled. My list of what we have was short: 3 full newborn outfits, 3 onesies in each size from newborn to 9 months, 4 pairs of socks, 4 blankets, a boppy... I then went to gerber.com to see what they suggest we have in each size and let me tell you it's a LOT more than 3 onesies in each size!

I sent out an APB on facebook (and if I'm being honest I don't even know what an APB is) to see if any friends have baby girl clothes they're looking to part with. Send em my way and I'll pay the shipping. I started worrying about all the clothes we need to get, the toiletries, diapers, bedding, crib, stroller, car seat, diaper bag etc. and where the money was meant to come from to pay for all that stuff. We're paying for this babies birth out of our own pockets and birth ain't cheap!

Lindsay came over with her month old baby girl and took a look at what we have. She assured me we aren't anywhere near being ready.

That night we purchased the crib.

Today at 3pm there what a knock at our front door and a thump on the doorstep, "YAY! A package!" I exclaimed expecting our usual sized box from amazon or maybe an Avon box from Stuart's gran. Stuart opened the door and brought in a HUGE box! I recognised what was in the box from the image on the side - the travel system from our registry and I instantly suspected who it was from but being sensible and cautious had to look into it first, just in case. You don't want to go accusing someone of something this great if it wasn't them. That'd be awkward.

The clues continued pointing towards the original suspects and a shipping label was found to confirm it. I'm still totally amazed by the whole turn of events. To go from worrying that we'd never be able to leave the house with the baby because we don't have a car seat to all of a sudden having it appear on our doorstep - the one huge expense I'd been afraid to face!

Thank you so much girls! I'm so excited and blessed to be a part of your "group" and to have you in my life ("life"? ;) You have no idea how much this means to us and how in tune with things you really are. I'll be saying an extra special prayer of thanks tonight for each of you.

Dolphin Ninja baby has the best (and most) aunts ever :)

8 comments:

Tennille said...

APB - ALL POINTS BULLETIN

- we love that you were surprised. And can't wait to take a look at the DNB - Dolphin Ninja Baby

Amy said...

So glad you like it girl! :) You're very near & dear to our hearts -- this dolphin ninja just HAD to get out of the house once in awhile!

Chiemi said...

I love this post and you and Dolphin Ninja baby and Stuart(couldn't leave him out).

Andrea said...

Katz said...

If it makes you feel better, we are twice as not ready as you. haha. We have the car seats (because I'm a crazy person), but we have nowhere for the babies to sleep and they have 8 outfits between the two of them.

YAY for friends!

Scott and Stacia said...

That is so exciting that you got your travel system. What you really need is someone from your ward to throw you a baby shower. You will get tons of stuff and then you just have to fill in the gaps. Babies are expensive..especially out of pocket!! Hope you get lots of gifts :)

emma said...

Aww that's SO nice! xx

Lauren said...

Is there a way to throw you a virtual baby shower. It could be the first of it's kind. Let's brainstorm that idea. One must have a baby shower with their first baby. That is the only way you can afford it plus it stocks you up for any future babies. I will be thinking about this...