Friday, February 3, 2012
Autumn: 6 weeks
1. After a couple of weeks of sudden reflux Autumn's stomach has settled down and she's no longer doing her milky fountain act. Thank goodness. That means I can nom on her face without fear of being barfed on - although there's nothing like milky burp-up to warm up cold hands.
2. She's starting to smile and it drives us wild. We're addicted to her and the smiles are like crack to us. We need more and will do anything to get some! A couple of times it's seemed like she's tried to laugh too - can't wait for that!
3. On the flip-side, she's also started to frown properly and has the most heartbreaking and adorable little cry. The pout, the frown, the cry and the real tears slay us.
4. At the start of the week I packed away her newborn clothes after trying to stuff her into a newborn onesie and failing. She's still a little small for 0-3 month outfits but far too big for newborn clothes and looked like a little sausage in them with the poppers straining... Adorable!
5. Stuart and I had spoken about not being those insane, delusional parents who think their wrinkly little baby is the most gorgeous thing on the planet since "all babies look like little old men". We spoke about it and made a deal to be honest with each other if our baby took a while to grow into something adorable. We are those parents. She is the prettiest little thing we've ever seen and there's no convincing us otherwise! We love that giant noggin!