Thursday, May 3, 2012

Starting afresh.

I've had a lot of time to think, whether not I've been fully focused or aware of it at the time is another story. I have been thinking though and that's partly why this blog was sitting in time out for so long. I was punishing it because it was depressing me. Then I realised by not recording and sharing my normal, awkward, poor life I'm not being honest, and lying is bad.

First, I've unsubscribed from blogs that distract me. Bloggers who are too much for me to handle; too sunny lives that don't seem real and discourage me from living because I'll never shop at Anthropologie etc. I'm removing discouraging distractions.

Next, I'm making goals -
  • starting my own business, creating and selling art prints and soon tshirts. I'm doing it and trying to be affordable. Recognising that I don't have walls covered in artwork because I can't justify spending money on things like that at this stage of my life. I don't want naked walls so I'm making stuff I like and hoping other people like it too, enough to buy them.
  • I have projects, goals, projects, and goals! I'll be posting these on my website too.
  • losing weight. I'm 1lb away from losing a full 50lbs and feel pretty great! I think I'll lose 20 more and be done.
  • taking pictures. I'm going to start again AND I'm going to print them too. Huge goal! I'm going to try and share some on facebook and some on here instead of posting everything on facebook. I don't want to be boring. I'm also working on finding balance.
I'm not like other people so why should not being like other people discourage me so much from sharing what I am? Do any other bloggers have this complex?

So, hi there. I'm Laura. Sometimes I wear the same tshirt for 2 days in a row. I have a new love for yoghurt that's verging on an addiction, no joke.Yoghurt used to make me gag for the first 26 years of my life then a month before having Autumn I ate one and I've had one a day for the last 5 months. Tillamook is my favourite yoghurt brand, and yes, I spell yoghurt with an "h". Also, I only own 2 pairs of jeans, which is double what I used to have. I wear them til they're worn clean out and then Stuart forces me to buy a new pair because I would just keep wearing them. That's me.




5 comments:

Chiemi said...

Hi Laura. I've been waiting for you to come back. Enjoy life to the fullest and don't take a moment for granted. That means not reading blogs that don't mean anything to you. Good luck on your ventures. :)

carla thorup said...

phew. good thing i don't shop (ie can't afford) Anthro ;)

and i'll take some prints and some t's, thanks.

Brooke said...

I hear you on the "fake" blogs. I love hearing about the good thigns that are happening but really can't they just toss in a "my life isn't all roses and sunshine" post every so often? I'm going to stop using quotations now.

WAY TO GO YOU for losing 50 lbs. That is awesome! So excited to see you guys soon!

kristin said...

what a great picture of you! you look adorable!

and sometimes i wear the same shirt two days in a row too! if it is clean and i liked the outfit, why not? it saves me from having to think about what to wear. :)

Uma said...

I sometimes wear a t shirt for 3 days!! Love finding your blog beautiful lady, so good to connect again. x