Monday, September 3, 2012

Chicken legged baby.

I'm getting to that stage where I can think about having another baby someday. My nether regions are feeling better. My routine has settled. I feel like I've got the hang of this! Mostly, when I see pictures of Autumn all tiny and floppy my heart breaks a little because that tiny baby is one sturdy chunk now and time has gone SO fast, but I also get pretty excited since I've kept her in one piece this whole time. It's weird to miss that tiny little creature that was always puking on me and keeping me up ALL night... those were seriously hard days, and even harder nights. The emotions are like a warm front and a cold front clashing.

I'm so excited to see her learn new things every day and to be introduced to little specks of her character but I do also really miss that little squeaky, chicken legged, pink, eyelashless human that I was terrified "they'd" take away from me because she wouldn't eat, that we didn't bath for a full week because we were too scared to... I miss that sleepy little being a lot even though she was only about for a few months.

I never imagined motherhood feeling like this. Nor did I understand what it was to love unconditionally or so fiercely until Autumn.


Someday... maybe... yeah... Oh how we love her!

3 comments:

Kurt & Rachel Keyser said...

I wish you better luck trying to get pregnant this next time! My 2nd only took 5 months vs. almost 4 years. I've heard that since your body knows what to do now it should be easier...

Lindsay said...

I can't wait tip your next baby!!! I wanna squeeze that one too! Love this little woman.

kira lee said...

she is so beautiful!