Saturday, March 9, 2013

3 years

6:30am on March 10th 2010 I left my little bungalow, and my little husby in California and flew home to Scotland on my own. It wasn't my first time traveling like that by myself but the circumstances made it scarier.

I don't know what I would have done if it had been ovarian cancer.

Three years ago I weighed 55lbs more, Stuart was 5 months into his now abandoned Chiropractic degree, we lived in California just the two of us, I was at the beginning of my online degree in graphic design, we had been married for 6 years and 5 days...

It seems like only yesterday I was saying "no thank you" to my aeroplane meals (I don't eat on planes), I was anticipating that first breath of salty air as I stepped off the plane. Home.

It seems like only yesterday. Now we're in Utah, 3 of us. We're a year into the 3 1/2 degrees we'll have between us when this one is completed. We drive a mini van! 


Living the life... but I'm ready to go home again.

No comments: